problems with linking a dynamic shared library using kdevelop 2.1 and linux fedora(1)

Discussion in 'C++' started by Lior Sapir, Mar 31, 2005.

  1. Lior Sapir

    Lior Sapir Guest

    hi
    we compiled a simple method in matlab to a shared library :

    mcc -W lib:lib_div3 -T link:lib div3
    -> Checking access to X display :0.0 . . .
    If no response hit ^C and fix host or access control to host.
    Otherwise, checkout any error messages that follow and fix . . .
    -> Successful . . .
    Warning: Duplicate directory name: /usr/local/matlab14/toolbox/local.

    this outputed 4 files:
    lib_div3.so
    lib_div3.c
    lib_div3.h
    lib_div3_componnent.c

    how do i use it (the library) ??????

    I tried to include the h file but it's not enough and i get compile errors
    on kdevelop 2.1 editor (using linux os fedora 1)

    What is the .so file ????????

    any information will be usefull
    thank's
    Lior Sapir, Mar 31, 2005

  2. Re: problems with linking a dynamic shared library using kdevelop2.1 and linux fedora(1)

    Lior Sapir wrote:
    > we compiled a simple method in matlab to a shared library :
    >
    > mcc -W lib:lib_div3 -T link:lib div3
    > -> Checking access to X display :0.0 . . .
    > If no response hit ^C and fix host or access control to host.
    > Otherwise, checkout any error messages that follow and fix . . .
    > -> Successful . . .
    > Warning: Duplicate directory name: /usr/local/matlab14/toolbox/local.
    >
    > this outputed 4 files:
    > lib_div3.so
    > lib_div3.c
    > lib_div3.h
    > lib_div3_componnent.c
    >
    > how do i use it (the library) ??????
    >
    > I tried to include the h file but it's not enough and i get compile errors
    > on kdevelop 2.1 editor (using linux os fedora 1)
    >
    > What is the .so file ????????
    >
    > any information will be usefull
    > thank's

    ..so file is a "shared object". This is Linux/Unix - specific. Please
    post your platform questions to the platform newsgroup or to the compiler
    newsgroup. Try comp.os.linux.development.apps or gnu.g++.help.

    Victor Bazarov, Mar 31, 2005