Problems with MakeMaker

Tassilo v. Parseval

Also sprach bd:
I have two problems with ExtUtils::MakeMaker:
1) When I 'make clean', it deleted 'pm_to_blib', which Makefile.PL
complains about.
2) In a new 'make dist', it won't copy the .pm file into the blib/ dir
until I make clean and re-run Makefile.PL

A tarball of the offending module is at
http://bd-home-comp.no-ip.org/Hash-Cash-0.01.tar.gz

The problem is the content of the MANIFEST file. After unpacking the
tarball I realized that there are files that shouldn't be there. The
MANIFEST file should include all those and only those files that are
contained within the package before doing 'perl Makefile.PL'.
Specifically, it should not contain pm_to_blib.

Best is to run 'make manifest' and check that only the necessary files
are in MANIFEST. Delete all the spurious ones. In your case, I had to
delete hclib/Makefile. After that, both 'make test' and 'make dist'
worked.

Tassilo