problems with mmap under windows nt

Manlio Perillo

Hi.
If I map a file (for WRITING) of 0 lenght, mmap raises an exception:

WindowsError: [Errno 1006] The volume correspondent to the file has
been altered from the extern. The opened file is no longer valid

This is a problem only on windows?

Thanks and regards Manlio Perillo

fishboy

Hi.
If I map a file (for WRITING) of 0 lenght, mmap raises an exception:

WindowsError: [Errno 1006] The volume correspondent to the file has
been altered from the extern. The opened file is no longer valid

This is a problem only on windows?

Thanks and regards Manlio Perillo

Some code would be nice, but I'm feeling psychic tonight.

Abracadabra! Two guesses

1. Windows mmap uses length 0 to mean the max size is the same as the
current size of the file. Now if the file doesnt already exist, you
could see how it might get confused.

2. The fileno needs to point at a file opened for *update*

The Great Fishmac has spoken!