Problems with .net com callable component

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by gsi, Jan 4, 2008.

  1. gsi

    gsi Guest

    We have an intermittent problem with a com callable component created with
    ..net 2.0. This component is called in asp pages written in VB script on a
    Win2k3 server.

    About once every 2-4 weeks the CreateObject call for this component fails
    with a Error '80070002', which appears to be a "something bad happened" type
    of message. Recycling the associated application pool does resume normal
    operation. Does anyone have experience with this problem?

    The asp site has a virtual directory running under a different app pool that
    references the same component via native .net. The virtual dir hosts an
    aspnet 2.0 application. The component is used to coordinate session
    information between the asp and .net apps.

    Again everything works great for weeks at a time, then the site is crippled
    by this problem.

    Thanks
    gsi, Jan 4, 2008

  2. gsi

    Evertjan. Guest

    gsi wrote on 04 jan 2008 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > We have an intermittent problem with a com callable component created
    > with .net 2.0. This component is called in asp pages written in VB
    > script on a Win2k3 server.

    This is a classic asp group.

    Dotnet questions c/should be asked in
    <microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet>

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Jan 4, 2008

  3. gsi

    gsi Guest

    Well actually it's a bit of both. But I'll take your advice.

    gsi, Jan 4, 2008