problems with opening browser in VS during runtime... :(

Sharon McCarty

Hi Everyone,

I'm running visual studio .net and recently I had Microsoft
automatically update my XP machine. I also recently upgraded my
visual studio.net to 1.1 framework.

I noticed that when running some applications I never get the web
browser to pop up during run time (this is supposed to happen as my
apps are webservices, etc.)

Sometimes the browser opens and displays my webservice and sometimes
it doesn't (this happens to all my applications now). Going to the
visual studio while it's 'running', the play button is grayed out, but
i still don't see the browser open! The visual studio hangs...
loooking at the cpu it doesn't seem to be chewing any cpu processes.
Also, when I close visual studio .net (by killing it), I see that the
aspnet_wp.exe process is still running.

Can someone please tell me what's going on? Has anyone experienced
this before?

THanks

Sharon