Problems with Oracle 7.3.4 and .NEt

Chris Holliday

I am simply trying to query an Oracle 7.3.4 database and nothing seems to be
working. This is the most basic that seems as though it should work:

Dim con As OracleConnection = New OracleConnection("User
Id=someID;Password=somePW;Data Source=oramia.world;")

con.Open()

Dim myCMD As New OracleCommand()

myCMD.Connection = con

myCMD.CommandText = "SELECT * FROM EN_SHIP_EXT WHERE EN_CUST_KEY = 1837"

myCMD.CommandType = CommandType.Text

Dim ds As DataSet = New DataSet()

Dim dr As OracleDataAdapter = New OracleDataAdapter(myCMD)

dr.Fill(ds)

Return ds

Unfortunately, all I can seem to return is the following:

ORA-01002: fetch out of sequence

Anyone?

thanks,

c.

Natty Gur

The Oracle documentation says this happens only (or at least mainly) in
3-GL programs that use OCI to interact with Oracle and only if they
attempt to "fetch" either before opening a cursor or after closing it.

do you use ODP ?

Natty Gur, CTO
Dao2Com Ltd.
28th Baruch Hirsch st. Bnei-Brak
Israel , 51114

Phone Numbers:
Office: +972-(0)3-5786668
Fax: +972-(0)3-5703475
Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377

Know the overall picture

Chris Holliday

The problem was the Client. 9.2 does not work with a 7.3.x database. The
8.1.7 client was installed in the same home as the 9.2 and that was doomed.
I reinstalled 8.1 in a new home, set it as the default home and rebooted
about 6 times, now it works as expected.

Thanks,

Chris