problems with Oracle dB oci8 connectivity

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Peter Bailey, May 25, 2007.

  1. Peter Bailey

    Peter Bailey Guest

    Hello,
    I need to connect from my Windows server over to an Oracle database in
    Unix land. I finally got the Oracle client loaded on my server, and, I
    downloaded and installed the oci8 gem from rubyforge.

    Here's the top of my script.

    require 'oci8'
    require 'dbi'

    begin
    # connect to the Oracle server
    dbh = DBI.connect("DBI:Oracle:graphicsdb-prod.bna.com/grpprod.bna.com",
    "user", "password")

    I get the following error:

    "Unable to load driver 'Oracle.'"

    I'd appreciate any help on this.