problems with parseexcel module

Nigel Wilkinson

I have a need to read excel files in a Linux environment but win32ole does not appear to be available, I guess this only works on a windows box, so I tried parseexcel. It seemed to install OK and passed the test suite and in irb I get the following for the require command

irb(main):001:0> require 'parseexcel/parser'
=> true
irb(main):002:0>

However when I try to parse a file using the Usage example from the README I get

irb(main):002:0> workbook = Spreadsheet::parseExcel.parse('bar.xls')
NoMethodError: undefined method `parse' for Spreadsheet::parseExcel:Module
from (irb):2
irb(main):003:0>

Any pointers gratefully accepted.

My system