Problems with profiling results (hotshot or normal) : almost allare incorrect

Irmen de Jong

Hello
I haven't received any responses on my original posting,
and it could very well be that it never made it to the newsgroup
(because I can't find it back on my news server here).
So I'm posting this again. Sorry if it *did* make it to
the group.. Please consider trying my test-program that is given
here and let me know how it works on your python installation.

Thanks for any insight on this.

--Irmen

[original message follows]

Bengt Richter

Hello
I haven't received any responses on my original posting,
and it could very well be that it never made it to the newsgroup
(because I can't find it back on my news server here).
So I'm posting this again. Sorry if it *did* make it to
the group.. Please consider trying my test-program that is given
here and let me know how it works on your python installation.

Thanks for any insight on this.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\pywk\clp\irmen2.py", line 86, in ?
import hotshot, hotshot.stats, wait
ImportError: No module named wait

Where does wait come from?

Regards,
Bengt Richter

Irmen de Jong

Bengt said:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\pywk\clp\irmen2.py", line 86, in ?
import hotshot, hotshot.stats, wait
ImportError: No module named wait

Where does wait come from?

Aww, terribly sorry. Should test any code that I post.
(I called the test script "wait.py" on my system, that's
why it worked here, locally)

Here's a fixed version:

import time

def foo():