Problems with Python 2.5 installer.

paw

I have ran the MSI installer for Python 2.5 several times attempting to
install to C:
Python, however all of the files are placed in C:\ . The installer is
told to only install files for me, beyond that I have only chosen the
defaults.

If I copy the files after installation, then uninstall Python, I can
still use the application. However I am unable to install py2exe since
it does not see Python in the registry, py2exe refuses to install when
the Python files are in C:\ .

The system in am installing on is WinXP SP 2 and I have enough admin
rights on the machine to install software.

Google turned up nothing useful that I could find, is anyone else
seeing this problem?

Thanks,

Wayne

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Martin_v=2E_L=F6wis=22?=

paw said:
Google turned up nothing useful that I could find, is anyone else
seeing this problem?

I haven't heard of it before. Please run the file with

msiexec /i python-2.5.msi /l*v python.log

and post the resulting python.log in a bug report at
sf.net/projects/python.

Regards,
Martin

John Machin

paw said:
I have ran the MSI installer for Python 2.5 several times attempting to
install to C:
Python, however all of the files are placed in C:\ . The installer is
told to only install files for me, beyond that I have only chosen the
defaults.

What do you mean by "install to C: <newline> Python"? Can you tell us
(unambiguously, on one line) what directory you chose? Is there any
good reason why you didn't take the default, which is
C:\Python25
?
If I copy the files after installation, then uninstall Python, I can
still use the application. However I am unable to install py2exe since
it does not see Python in the registry, py2exe refuses to install when
the Python files are in C:\ .

The system in am installing on is WinXP SP 2 and I have enough admin
rights on the machine to install software.

Google turned up nothing useful that I could find, is anyone else
seeing this problem?

There's been no mention that I've noticed.

Cheers,
John

paw

John said:
What do you mean by "install to C: <newline> Python"? Can you tell us
(unambiguously, on one line) what directory you chose? Is there any
good reason why you didn't take the default, which is
C:\Python25
?

The <newline> should have been \ , the keyboard I am using sucks and
places the backslash below Enter vs. above like I am used to. I just
didn't catch that when posting.

I really don't know why I always change the directory, I've just always
installed Python on MS Windows into C:\Python. No practical reason, I
do the same with other programs.
There's been no mention that I've noticed.

I'm thinking this is a local issue. I came in today and used the same
MSI installer as before and there were no problems.

I'm looking through the local logs to see if there has been any change
on this system in the past day or two right now.

Wayne

John Machin