Problems with python-list?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Dave Brueck, Aug 21, 2003.

  1. Dave Brueck

    Dave Brueck Guest

    Is anybody else having problems sending email to
    ? About 48 hours ago or so my posts stopped
    making it to the list (I usually post via the mailing list rather than
    to the Usenet group).

    I tried unsubscribing and resubscribing to the list, but that turned
    out to be a mistake because once the list server sent me the email to
    confirm my subscription request, my reply email confirming it got
    ignored too!

    Does anybody know if something changed on the mailing list in the past
    1-3 days? I don't know of anything that happened on my end as emails
    to every other destination still work and up until I tried to
    unsubscribe and resubscribe I was still receiving python-list emails
    as well as my normal mail. Any help or hints would be appreciated!

    Thanks,
    Dave

    P.S. Also, I sent emails to the list admin address, but that too is a
    python.org address so I don't know if that made it.

    P.P.S. Also also, I tried subscribing from 3 different accounts in two
    different states in the U.S., but to no avail. :)

    Dave Brueck, Aug 21, 2003

  2. (Dave Brueck) writes:

    > Is anybody else having problems sending email to
    > ?

    I'm not sure what's up. I haven't had *any* mail via m.p.o for some
    time (probably about the same), which is odd.

    I guess Barry et al. already know about it if there are problems...

    Cheers,
    mwh

    --
    You owe The Oracle a TV with an 'intelligence' control - I've
    tried 'brightness' but that didn't work.

    Michael Hudson, Aug 21, 2003

  3. Michael Hudson <> writes:

    > (Dave Brueck) writes:
    >
    > > Is anybody else having problems sending email to
    > > ?

    > I'm not sure what's up. I haven't had *any* mail via m.p.o for some
    > time (probably about the same), which is odd.
    >
    > I guess Barry et al. already know about it if there are problems...

    Oh look:

    $ telnet mail.python.org 25
    Trying 12.155.117.29...
    Connected to mail.python.org.
    Escape character is '^]'.
    421 mail.python.org: Too many concurrent SMTP connections; please try again later.

    I bet this is the fault of the same virus that's currently filling up
    my inbox with bounces.

    Cheers,
    mwh

    --
    ARTHUR: Why should he want to know where his towel is?
    FORD: Everybody should know where his towel is.

    Michael Hudson, Aug 21, 2003
  4. On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 12:21:03 +0000, Michael Hudson wrote:

    > Michael Hudson <> writes:
    >
    >> (Dave Brueck) writes:
    >>

    > $ telnet mail.python.org 25
    > Trying 12.155.117.29...
    > Connected to mail.python.org.
    > Escape character is '^]'.
    > 421 mail.python.org: Too many concurrent SMTP connections; please try
    > again later.
    >
    > I bet this is the fault of the same virus that's currently filling up my
    > inbox with bounces.

    Is this the same box which handles the registration for the PyPiPage?
    Because I was getting an error like this when I tried to register.

    Andreas

    Andreas Kuntzagk, Aug 21, 2003
  5. Andreas Kuntzagk wrote:
    > Is this [python.org] the same box which handles the registration for the PyPiPage? [...]

    Yes, it is the same box.

    -- Gerhard

    =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Gerhard_H=E4ring?=, Aug 21, 2003
  6. Gerhard Häring <> writes:

    > Andreas Kuntzagk wrote:
    > > Is this [python.org] the same box which handles the registration for the PyPiPage? [...]

    > Yes, it is the same box.

    Well, that depends what you mean :). mail.python.org is in a
    Baymountain colo facility somewhere in Virginia and is the machine
    that has been being clattered by sobig.f. PyPI runs on www.python.org
    which is in xs4all's data centre in Amsterdam and is doing just fine.
    *However* registering for PyPI appears to send mail via m.p.o, which
    currently isn't happening.

    Cheers,
    mwh

    --
    In that case I suggest that to get the correct image you look at
    the screen from inside the monitor whilst standing on your head.

    Michael Hudson, Aug 22, 2003