Problems with python-list?

Dave Brueck

Is anybody else having problems sending email to
(e-mail address removed)? About 48 hours ago or so my posts stopped
making it to the list (I usually post via the mailing list rather than
to the Usenet group).

I tried unsubscribing and resubscribing to the list, but that turned
out to be a mistake because once the list server sent me the email to
confirm my subscription request, my reply email confirming it got
ignored too!

Does anybody know if something changed on the mailing list in the past
1-3 days? I don't know of anything that happened on my end as emails
to every other destination still work and up until I tried to
unsubscribe and resubscribe I was still receiving python-list emails
as well as my normal mail. Any help or hints would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Dave

P.S. Also, I sent emails to the list admin address, but that too is a
python.org address so I don't know if that made it.

P.P.S. Also also, I tried subscribing from 3 different accounts in two
different states in the U.S., but to no avail. :)

Michael Hudson

Is anybody else having problems sending email to
(e-mail address removed)?

I'm not sure what's up. I haven't had *any* mail via m.p.o for some
time (probably about the same), which is odd.

I guess Barry et al. already know about it if there are problems...

Cheers,
mwh

Michael Hudson

Michael Hudson said:
I'm not sure what's up. I haven't had *any* mail via m.p.o for some
time (probably about the same), which is odd.

I guess Barry et al. already know about it if there are problems...

Oh look:

$ telnet mail.python.org 25
Trying 12.155.117.29...
Connected to mail.python.org.
Escape character is '^]'.
421 mail.python.org: Too many concurrent SMTP connections; please try again later.

I bet this is the fault of the same virus that's currently filling up
my inbox with bounces.

Cheers,
mwh

Andreas Kuntzagk

Michael Hudson said:
(e-mail address removed) (Dave Brueck) writes:
$ telnet mail.python.org 25
Trying 12.155.117.29...
Connected to mail.python.org.
Escape character is '^]'.
421 mail.python.org: Too many concurrent SMTP connections; please try
again later.

I bet this is the fault of the same virus that's currently filling up my
inbox with bounces.

Is this the same box which handles the registration for the PyPiPage?
Because I was getting an error like this when I tried to register.

Andreas

?

=?ISO-8859-15?Q?Gerhard_H=E4ring?=

Andreas said:
Is this [python.org] the same box which handles the registration for the PyPiPage? [...]

Yes, it is the same box.

-- Gerhard

Michael Hudson

Gerhard Häring said:
Andreas said:
Is this [python.org] the same box which handles the registration for the PyPiPage? [...]

Yes, it is the same box.

Well, that depends what you mean :). mail.python.org is in a
Baymountain colo facility somewhere in Virginia and is the machine
that has been being clattered by sobig.f. PyPI runs on www.python.org
which is in xs4all's data centre in Amsterdam and is doing just fine.
*However* registering for PyPI appears to send mail via m.p.o, which
currently isn't happening.

Cheers,
mwh