    before?

    Thanks,
    Pat

    Paton J. Lewis, Jan 29, 2004

  2. Paton J. Lewis

    Mark Hammond Guest

    Paton J. Lewis wrote:

    > I built the Python 2.3.3 sources with Visual Studio 7.1 (the
    > conversion of the Visual C++ 6 project files appeared to work
    > without a hitch). Everything seems fine except when I try to link my
    > project with the debug Python library, in which case I get
    > unresolved symbols apparently because the Python debug library
    > symbol names have been modified in an unexpected fashion. For
    > example, the calling code asks for symbol __imp__Py_InitModule4
    > (which exists in python23.lib) but python23_d.lib contains
    > __imp__Py_InitModule4TraceRefs. Has anyone run into this problem
    > before?

    It sounds to me like you are trying to link your non-debug built
    extension module with a debug built Python. A debug built extension
    module will not have a reference to __imp__Py_InitModule4.

    Make sure the code you are trying to link against Python23_d.dll is
    compiled with /DDEBUG /D_DEBUG and /MDd.

    Mark.

    Mark Hammond, Jan 30, 2004