Problems with RDT & Unit Testing

Jeff Waltzer

------=_Part_2952_15345963.1121298840705

I have it working in Eclipse 3.0 but not Eclipse 3.1. Could you be having=
=20
the same trouble?

=20
I'm having issues with RDT and unit testing (basically, it doesn't
work), and I'm wondering if this is the right place to ask.
=20
--
Brad Wilson
http://www.dotnetdevs.com/

--=20
It is the duty of a patriot to protect his country from its government"
-Thomas Paine
Blog: http://superwombat.blogspot.com
Bookmarks: http://del.icio.us/jeffwaltzer

------=_Part_2952_15345963.1121298840705--

Brad Wilson

------=_Part_2347_10833597.1121301131727

Maybe. I could just try to back down to Eclipse 3.0.

The error I'm getting is about a missing Ruby file. Does that sound=20
familiar?

=20
I have it working in Eclipse 3.0 but not Eclipse 3.1. Could you be having
the same trouble?

------=_Part_2347_10833597.1121301131727--

Jeff Waltzer

------=_Part_3072_5080883.1121302599131

Just fired up Eclipse 3.1 with RDT (on my laptop) getting this when I try=
=20
to run a unit test on it:

C:\ruby\bin\rubyw.exe: No such file or directory --=20
plugins/org.rubypeople.rdt.testunit_0.5.0/ruby/RemoteTestRunner.rb=20
(LoadError)

(But that file seems to be there)

=20
Maybe. I could just try to back down to Eclipse 3.0.
=20
The error I'm getting is about a missing Ruby file. Does that sound
familiar?
=20

=20
=20

--=20
It is the duty of a patriot to protect his country from its government"
-Thomas Paine
Blog: http://superwombat.blogspot.com
Bookmarks: http://del.icio.us/jeffwaltzer

------=_Part_3072_5080883.1121302599131--

Brad Wilson

------=_Part_2407_5163288.1121305261133

Yep, that's what I've got, too. I'll back down to Eclipse 3.0 then. Thanks!

=20
C:\ruby\bin\rubyw.exe: No such file or directory --
plugins/org.rubypeople.rdt.testunit_0.5.0/ruby/RemoteTestRunner.rb
(LoadError)

------=_Part_2407_5163288.1121305261133--

Jeff Waltzer

------=_Part_3136_7615452.1121308019235

Just looked up the mailing list archives for the RDT. Looks like the=20
developers are just starting to try to get RDT to work with Eclipse 3.1. So=
=20
for the moment looks like we'll have to stick with 3.0.=20

=20
Yep, that's what I've got, too. I'll back down to Eclipse 3.0 then.=20
Thanks!
=20

=20
=20

--=20
It is the duty of a patriot to protect his country from its government"
-Thomas Paine
Blog: http://superwombat.blogspot.com
Bookmarks: http://del.icio.us/jeffwaltzer

------=_Part_3136_7615452.1121308019235--

Kyle Heon

I'm just starting out with Eclipse and RDT. I had installed it on Eclipse
3.0 but never really played around with things until I found a tutorial on
getting Rails working with it [1]. I just upgraded to the latest nightly
build of RDT which is supposed to fix unit testing but I'm getting this
error:

C:\ruby\bin\rubyw.exe: No such file or directory -- Program
Files/Eclipse/plugins/org.rubypeople.rdt.testunit_0.6.507280719/ruby/RemoteT
estRunner.rb (LoadError)

I've also tried using ruby.exe without any success. Anyone had similar
issues they've worked through?

[1] http://dathompson.blogspot.com/2005/07/rails-on-eclipse-31.html

Kyle Heon
(e-mail address removed)

Just looked up the mailing list archives for the RDT. Looks like the
developers are just starting to try to get RDT to work with Eclipse 3.1. So
for the moment looks like we'll have to stick with 3.0.

Zach Dennis

Kyle said:
I'm just starting out with Eclipse and RDT. I had installed it on Eclipse
3.0 but never really played around with things until I found a tutorial on
getting Rails working with it [1]. I just upgraded to the latest nightly
build of RDT which is supposed to fix unit testing but I'm getting this
error:

C:\ruby\bin\rubyw.exe: No such file or directory -- Program
Files/Eclipse/plugins/org.rubypeople.rdt.testunit_0.6.507280719/ruby/RemoteT
estRunner.rb (LoadError)

I've also tried using ruby.exe without any success. Anyone had similar
issues they've worked through?

This has been fixed in the latest CVS for RDT. It should be fixed for
tomorrow's nightly build. (thanks to David Corbin)

Zach