Problems with RDT & Unit Testing

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Brad Wilson, Jul 8, 2005.

  1. Brad Wilson

    Brad Wilson Guest

    Brad Wilson, Jul 8, 2005

  2. Brad Wilson

    Jeff Waltzer Guest

    ------=_Part_2952_15345963.1121298840705

    I have it working in Eclipse 3.0 but not Eclipse 3.1. Could you be having=
    =20
    the same trouble?

    On 7/8/05, Brad Wilson <> wrote:
    >=20
    > I'm having issues with RDT and unit testing (basically, it doesn't
    > work), and I'm wondering if this is the right place to ask.
    >=20
    > --
    > Brad Wilson
    > http://www.dotnetdevs.com/
    > http://www.agileprogrammer.com/dotnetguy/
    >=20
    > "Big-endian byte ordering, while not wrong, is morally indefensible."
    > - Shawn Van Ness
    >=20
    >=20

    --=20
    It is the duty of a patriot to protect his country from its government"
    -Thomas Paine
    Blog: http://superwombat.blogspot.com
    Bookmarks: http://del.icio.us/jeffwaltzer

    ------=_Part_2952_15345963.1121298840705--
    Jeff Waltzer, Jul 14, 2005

  3. Brad Wilson

    Brad Wilson Guest

    ------=_Part_2347_10833597.1121301131727

    Maybe. I could just try to back down to Eclipse 3.0.

    The error I'm getting is about a missing Ruby file. Does that sound=20
    familiar?

    Brad Wilson, Jul 14, 2005
  4. Brad Wilson

    Jeff Waltzer Guest

    ------=_Part_3072_5080883.1121302599131

    Just fired up Eclipse 3.1 with RDT (on my laptop) getting this when I try=
    =20
    to run a unit test on it:

    C:\ruby\bin\rubyw.exe: No such file or directory --=20
    plugins/org.rubypeople.rdt.testunit_0.5.0/ruby/RemoteTestRunner.rb=20
    (LoadError)

    (But that file seems to be there)

    On my desktop running RDT under Eclipse 3.0 it works fine.

    Jeff Waltzer, Jul 14, 2005
  5. Brad Wilson

    Brad Wilson Guest

    ------=_Part_2407_5163288.1121305261133

    Yep, that's what I've got, too. I'll back down to Eclipse 3.0 then. Thanks!

    Brad Wilson, Jul 14, 2005
  6. Brad Wilson

    Jeff Waltzer Guest

    ------=_Part_3136_7615452.1121308019235

    Just looked up the mailing list archives for the RDT. Looks like the=20
    developers are just starting to try to get RDT to work with Eclipse 3.1. So=
    =20
    for the moment looks like we'll have to stick with 3.0.=20

    Jeff Waltzer, Jul 14, 2005
  7. Brad Wilson

    Kyle Heon Guest

    I'm just starting out with Eclipse and RDT. I had installed it on Eclipse
    3.0 but never really played around with things until I found a tutorial on
    getting Rails working with it [1]. I just upgraded to the latest nightly
    build of RDT which is supposed to fix unit testing but I'm getting this
    error:

    C:\ruby\bin\rubyw.exe: No such file or directory -- Program
    Files/Eclipse/plugins/org.rubypeople.rdt.testunit_0.6.507280719/ruby/RemoteT
    estRunner.rb (LoadError)

    I've also tried using ruby.exe without any success. Anyone had similar
    issues they've worked through?

    [1] http://dathompson.blogspot.com/2005/07/rails-on-eclipse-31.html

    Kyle Heon

    Kyle Heon, Jul 29, 2005
  8. Brad Wilson

    Zach Dennis Guest

    Kyle Heon wrote:
    > I'm just starting out with Eclipse and RDT. I had installed it on Eclipse
    > 3.0 but never really played around with things until I found a tutorial on
    > getting Rails working with it [1]. I just upgraded to the latest nightly
    > build of RDT which is supposed to fix unit testing but I'm getting this
    > error:
    >
    > C:\ruby\bin\rubyw.exe: No such file or directory -- Program
    > Files/Eclipse/plugins/org.rubypeople.rdt.testunit_0.6.507280719/ruby/RemoteT
    > estRunner.rb (LoadError)
    >
    > I've also tried using ruby.exe without any success. Anyone had similar
    > issues they've worked through?

    This has been fixed in the latest CVS for RDT. It should be fixed for
    tomorrow's nightly build. (thanks to David Corbin)

    Zach
    Zach Dennis, Jul 30, 2005