    Any idea?

    Best regards
    Meinert
    Meinert Schwartau, Dec 9, 2005

  2. Meinert Schwartau wrote:
    > My program reads xml files. If I start it on a computer with winXp with
    > SP2, the following error will arise: "... (NTDLL.DLL): 0xC0000005:
    > Access Violation". If I start it on a computer with SP1 it will work
    > troublefree. I have no idea about the reason.

    Apparently, service pack 2 screws up your program. Or your program has
    undefined behaviour. Pick the reason that sounds better to you.

    > I have developed it with Visual Studio 6 (SP6). I have isolated the
    > error. The error occurs, if the method IXMLDOMDocumentPtr::load is
    > called.
    >
    > Any idea?

    Sure. The bug is on line 42 of that function.

    Victor Bazarov, Dec 9, 2005

  3. Meinert Schwartau wrote:
    > Hello!
    >
    > My program reads xml files. If I start it on a computer with winXp with
    > SP2, the following error will arise: "... (NTDLL.DLL): 0xC0000005:
    > Access Violation". If I start it on a computer with SP1 it will work
    > troublefree. I have no idea about the reason.
    >
    > I have developed it with Visual Studio 6 (SP6). I have isolated the
    > error. The error occurs, if the method IXMLDOMDocumentPtr::load is
    > called.
    >
    > Any idea?
    >
    > Best regards
    > Meinert

    Hello!

    (I assume that you have coded in the language we discuss in this news
    group.) I suggest that you look at the code for the method you mention
    and try to find the error in there, if that is where the error occurs as
    you say. If you provide the code for that method here, you will probably
    get a more informative answer.

    Regards,
    Peter Jansson
    Peter Jansson, Dec 9, 2005
  4. Meinert Schwartau

    mlimber Guest

    Meinert Schwartau wrote:
    > Hello!
    >
    > My program reads xml files. If I start it on a computer with winXp with
    > SP2, the following error will arise: "... (NTDLL.DLL): 0xC0000005:
    > Access Violation". If I start it on a computer with SP1 it will work
    > troublefree. I have no idea about the reason.
    >
    > I have developed it with Visual Studio 6 (SP6). I have isolated the
    > error. The error occurs, if the method IXMLDOMDocumentPtr::load is
    > called.
    >
    > Any idea?
    >
    > Best regards
    > Meinert

    This post is off-topic in this newsgroup since, as far as I can tell,
    there's no standard C++ *language* question here. Rather your problem
    seems to be with a Microsoft-specific class, and you will likely get
    more help in a Microsoft-specific newsgroup. See the FAQ for what is
    on-topic here and for some suggestions of better places to ask this
    question:

    Cheers! --M
    mlimber, Dec 9, 2005