Problems with reloading a frame

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by ROBT NISHIDA, Apr 19, 2005.

  1. ROBT NISHIDA

    ROBT NISHIDA Guest

    Hello,

    I have a frameset page with 4 frames. There is a form in frame[3] that
    contains text input boxes. I have image buttons in some of the other frames
    that invoke javascript functions within frame[3]. One of the functions
    validates the data entered in the text boxes. Once the data is validated, I
    change the webpage content of the page in frame[3]. I get rid of the text
    input boxes by deleting the input elements and inserting text elements. It
    still shows the data that was entered by the user, but it is information
    only, the user cannot modify the data.

    After some additional input from the user, I need the page in frame[3] to
    reload the original content so additional data can be entered. I have been
    able to refresh what appears in the frame window fine (by using the reload
    method), but when my functions try to then access the window content, they
    all seem to be referencing the modified old page, not the new content that
    is in frame[3]. I know it must be some really simple that I am not doing.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    kd dolezal

    ROBT NISHIDA, Apr 19, 2005

  2. ROBT NISHIDA