problems with ResourceManager!! (multi-language system)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Ricardo Corsi, Dec 20, 2004.

  1. Hi,

    I have a websystem (ASP.Net -VB) that uses a resourceManager to swicth
    between 3 diferent languages.

    Inside my network, My applicattion works very nice. But, when i try to run
    outside my test network, it gives me a strange error , like this:

    Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture (or the
    neutral culture) in the given assembly. Make sure "visual.res.resources" was
    correctly embedded or linked into assembly "Visual". baseName: visual.res
    locationInfo: <null> resource file name: visual.res.resources assembly:
    Visual, Version=1.0.1812.37629, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
    here comes my class:

    Dim idioma As Integer =
    HttpContext.Current.Request.Cookies("VisualLanguage").Item("Lingua")
    Dim cultura As String
    Select Case idioma
    Case 1
    cultura = "pt-BR"
    Case 2
    cultura = "es-ES"
    Case 3
    cultura = "en-US"
    End Select
    Try
    Dim objRm As New ResourceManager("visual.res", ClasseDoWebForm)
    Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture = New CultureInfo(cultura)
    '("en-US")
    Return objRm.GetString(Objeto)
    Catch ex As Exception
    Throw ex
    End Try

    So, somebody can help to know what´s wrong ?

    thks@!
    Ricardo Corsi, Dec 20, 2004