    Is this possible and if yes: how?

    Thanks for your answer already,

    Bart

    Headbanger, Nov 16, 2004

  2. Headbanger

    Kris Guest

    Feel free to talk in Dutch at nl.internet.www.ontwerp

    > since a few months I've got a new website: http://www.headbanger.tk . It's
    > all goin' smoothly except for one thing: the scrollarea. I discovered the
    > fact that visitors with other browser than Internet Explorer can't scroll.

    I use Safari on a Mac and I can scroll. I just don't like your
    re-invented way of scrolling a page. What is wrong with the way my OS
    aloows me to scroll? At least I can use my keyboard for that or my
    scrollwheel.

    People without JavaScript will be left in the cold as well.

    Besides that, you are using frames while you don't have to.

    > I've used a dhtml scrollable area. Now my question is if there a replacement
    > that doesn't change my design (i just wanna have scrollbuttons under my
    > text).

    Give me a good reason why they should be there. "Because I like it" is
    not good enough; what _you_ like is irrelevant to the success of your
    site.

    > And no, I don't want to make this thing with flash to (it's too
    > complicated to change it than).

    I don't think anyone here would recommend you make the site in Flash.

    > Is this possible and if yes: how?

    Let visitors scroll using the scrollbar that naturally appears in the
    frames, don't suppress it. Better yet, get rid of the frames, rebuild
    your site without them and have people use the window's scrollbar to
    scroll the page.

    Rule of thumb: when you think you have to re-invent something, think
    again.

    --
    Kris
    <> (nl)

    Kris, Nov 16, 2004

  3. Headbanger

    brucie Guest

    In alt.html Headbanger said:

    > (sorry if my English aint good, but don't blame me, blame my too Dutch
    > Englishteacher)

    you can practice with this page

    What is the accepted way to share a message across multiple newsgroups?
    http://smjg.port5.com/faqs/usenet/xpost.html

    l i t t l e v o i c e s

    brucie, Nov 16, 2004