Problems with session variables

Rob

I'm trying to use session variables to store datasets when moving from page
to page (and returning). The datasets are small (I know some may comment on
performance issues). It seems simple to use. I can pass a dataset to the
second page (once I get one additional page working, the rest will be
simple) successfully but am not able to return to the default page and
retrieve the dataset and rebind it to my datagrid. Once I store it as a
session variable shouldn't it be available as long as my session is intact?
Frankly, it appears a little finicky.

What I have is a default page with a couple of datagrids (it's working fine)
that represents year1 of a proposal. The user defines the number of years
for the project and a slightly modified version of year1 will be called as
year 2, 3 etc. I'm using VS and VB Framework 1.0 - Rob

Rob

As a followup, I'm able to pass individual text variables back to the first
page. They are working as expected. It seems that the dataset is the
problem. I've tried both varname=ctype(session("dsname"), dataset) and
varname=session("dsname") with the same results.

Any suggestions or links to references would be appreciated

Rob

No on the username underscore reply.

Tobe said:
Does your username have an underscore. I had a problem
with this before, changing the username fixed the
problem. This apparently a bug in the framework.

Tobe

This problem has nothing to do with your DNS, it is your
_Computer's_ name that is the problem. Does your
computer's name have an underscore in it. For example,
ROBS_COMP, would confuse the framework and the session
variables would not be passed from page to page.