    that represents year1 of a proposal. The user defines the number of years
    for the project and a slightly modified version of year1 will be called as
    year 2, 3 etc. I'm using VS and VB Framework 1.0 - Rob
    Rob, Jun 25, 2003

  2. Rob

    Rob Guest

    As a followup, I'm able to pass individual text variables back to the first
    page. They are working as expected. It seems that the dataset is the
    problem. I've tried both varname=ctype(session("dsname"), dataset) and
    varname=session("dsname") with the same results.

    Any suggestions or links to references would be appreciated

    "Rob" <> wrote in message
    > I'm trying to use session variables to store datasets when moving from

    page
    > to page (and returning). The datasets are small (I know some may comment

    on
    > performance issues). It seems simple to use. I can pass a dataset to the
    > second page (once I get one additional page working, the rest will be
    > simple) successfully but am not able to return to the default page and
    > retrieve the dataset and rebind it to my datagrid. Once I store it as a
    > session variable shouldn't it be available as long as my session is

    intact?
    > Frankly, it appears a little finicky.
    >
    > What I have is a default page with a couple of datagrids (it's working

    fine)

    Rob, Jun 25, 2003

  3. Rob

    Rob Guest

    No on the username underscore reply.

    Rob, Jun 25, 2003
  4. Rob

    Tobe Guest

    This problem has nothing to do with your DNS, it is your
    _Computer's_ name that is the problem. Does your
    computer's name have an underscore in it. For example,
    ROBS_COMP, would confuse the framework and the session
    variables would not be passed from page to page.

    Tobe, Jun 25, 2003