Problems with Session's variables

Guest

Hello,

I am using authentication type = FORMS

I need to use Session Variables for passing data between ASPX pages, but I have the following problem:

If I call some page without doing athentification before, I will be redirected to Login.aspx, there in Login.aspx I assign (in Login.aspx.VB) this: Session("VARIABLE") = "SOMESTRING", after I will pass from this page to another page named BBB.aspx.

In BBB.aspx I need to use (in BBB.aspx.VB) Session("VARIABLE") (remember Session("VARIABLE") = "SOMESTRING"), the following manner:

Dim strVal as string = Session("VARIABLE"), but Session("VARIABLE") retrieves NOTHING, the assigned value in Login.aspx.VB was lost.

What is happening?, What can I do for retrieve that value from Login.aspx to BBB.aspx?

Thanks in advance,

l-touched.

Natty Gur

Hi,

I try to restore that behaviour on my machine but without any luck. all
the pages get the values that i set on Login page. can you send a sample
project that restore that problem ?

Natty Gur[MVP]

blog : http://weblogs.asp.net/ngur
Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377

Guest

Hello Miss Gur,

I did repeat my scenario again in another project thinking in your answer, and I didn't have any problem, I went to my problematic project, the problem was persistent, but I started to follow the session variable's value, and the problem in some moment disappear....(¿¡...!?)... I don't know what happened... .NET 2003 has a rare behavior... this is not the unique rare problem that I have perceived...

Thanks for your help and Regards!...

l-touched