Problems with setting up Standard JVM

Daniel.Wetzler

Dear Eclipse users,

I'm new to Eclipse and have the following problem :

I installed eclipse (3.1) and got it running on my system (Solaris 10).
But if I want to compile my Java program (just a hello world program),
I get the eror "Exception in thread "main"
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: main/java"
in the "Console" window.
I chekced the Window->Preferences->Installed JREs options and found the
right jre directory
there.

What could be wrong with my configuration ?

I' desperately looking for any ideas.

Best regards,

Daniel Wetzler

Chris Smith

I installed eclipse (3.1) and got it running on my system (Solaris 10).
But if I want to compile my Java program (just a hello world program),
I get the eror "Exception in thread "main"
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: main/java"
in the "Console" window.

This indicates that you're trying to run a class called "main.java".
That is quite unlikely. It's more likely that you want to run a class
called "main", and that it is defined in a FILE called "main.java". I
bet you typed the wrong thing into the "Main class:" field when setting
up a run configuration.

You could avoid this by choosing "Run As -> Java Application" from the
Run menu while the correct class is selected rather than creating a Run
configuration by hand... or by using the search button to find your main
class when you create the run configuration.

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation

Daniel.Wetzler

Hi Chris,

Thank you very much for your answer.
this was indeed te solution of my problem.

Best regards,

Daniel