Problems with Struts/Taglibs in SunOne WebServer 6.1

Discussion in 'Java' started by spivee@gmail.com, Feb 3, 2006.

  1. Guest

    I have an application that I developed on Tomcat 5.5.9. It works fine
    in development. I am trying to port it over to SOWS 6.1sp5 and am
    having problems with the standard set of taglibs.

    Whenever I attempt to hit a page with any of the standard tags (html,
    logic, bean or tiles) I get the following error.. (can post the entire
    error if it will do any good).

    [03/Feb/2006:15:22:30] failure ( 2403): for host 192.168.0.111 trying
    to GET /myapp/bob.do, service-j2ee reports:
    StandardWrapperValve[action]: WEB2792: Servlet.service() for servlet
    action threw exception org.apache.jasper.JasperException: WEB4083: No
    such tag getAsString in the tag library imported with prefix tiles
    at
    org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraries.isUserDefinedTag(TagLibraries.java:97)

    This happens with any tag. I get the same thing for "No such tag html
    in the tag library imported with prefix html" etc.

    I have the latest version of struts jars. (1.2.8) I can open the
    struts.jar file and view the tlds and the tags are present.

    I call my taglibs in my jsp's like this...

    <%@ taglib uri="http://struts.apache.org/tags-bean" prefix="bean" %>
    <%@ taglib uri="http://struts.apache.org/tags-html" prefix="html" %>
    <%@ taglib uri="http://struts.apache.org/tags-logic" prefix="logic" %>
    <%@ taglib uri="http://struts.apache.org/tags-tiles" prefix="tiles" %>

    I have tried extracting the tlds from the jar and pointing to them
    directly like

    <%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-html.tld" prefix="html" %>

    but that doesn't work. I've also tried setting the struts taglib
    entries in the web.xml file and calling the taglibs as follows (again
    with no success).

    <taglib>
    <taglib-uri>http://struts.apache.org/struts-tiles</taglib-uri>
    <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/struts-tiles.tld</taglib-location>
    </taglib>

    <%@ taglib uri="http://struts.apache.org/struts-tiles" prefix="tiles"
    %>

    Whenever I do either of the last two, I get ClassCast exceptions..

    ports: StandardWrapperValve[action]: WEB2792: Servlet.service() for
    servlet action threw exception org.apache.jasper.JasperException:
    WEB4000: Unable to compile class for JSP
    at
    com.iplanet.ias.web.jsp.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadJSP(JspServlet.java:785)

    java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.CookieTei
    at
    org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.createTagInfo(TagLibraryInfoImpl.java:398)

    I'm not sure if this is an issue with WS6.1 or if it's something in my
    configuration.

    Any ideas?
    , Feb 3, 2006

    Still fighting with this issue. Thought I'd give the thread a bump..
    , Feb 16, 2006