Problems with the half symbol

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Astra, Mar 24, 2005.

  1. Astra

    Astra Guest

    Hi All

    This is really bizarre prob that I don't know how I'm going to get round it.

    In essence I have created a site that allows the user to select their
    preferred shoe size, this then gets added to a simple cart and then they
    submit the cart order.

    The problem is that even though I'm being a good lad and using ½ to
    display the half sizes in the drop-down selector, eg Size 3, Size 3½,
    Size 4, Size 4½, etc when the data is posted into my Access DB, the
    DB **seems** to be converting it into the actual half symbol and storing it
    like this.

    When the cart contents are retrieved it looks OK in the browser, for some
    reason the symbol still looks OK even though the View Source shows it is the
    actual half symbol rather than the HTML code, but the problem is that this
    half symbol turns into a blob when it gets emailed.

    My first plan was to do a Replace function for all instances of ½ to
    '.5', but the Replace function didn't pick any of them up. So I tried the
    same proc with a copy and paste of the half symbol from View Source and then
    ½ but none of these got the Replace to actually do the replace.

    Can anybody assist me with this?

    Thanks Robbie

    Astra, Mar 24, 2005

  2. Astra

    Steven Burn Guest

    <%
    Dim sTemp
    sTemp = "I want &frac12; of the &frac14; he's getting"
    Response.Write Server.HTMLEncode(Replace(sTemp, "&frac12;", "//12//"))
    %>

    --
    Regards

    Steven Burn