Problems with Tomcat 4 when posting 16-bit characters (e.g. Chinese)

Liviu Tudor

Hi there!
Has anyone experienced this with Apache Tomcat 4.0?
I've got a form that provides translation (using other translation
engines) to and from chinese. It all works well when I'm translating
stuff from English to Chinese, and the characters are printed
correctly in the browser; however if I copy and paste these characters
in the "source" text box and try to translate them from chinese back
to English, it looks like -- even though the browser sends the
characters properly encoded on 2 bytes (e.g. %413 or so) -- they
arrive in my String as a 2 different characters (as if it was %04%13)
which of course scrambles it all. Does anyone know how to overcome
this????
Thanks!