problems with transparent iframe and IE

wim delvaux

Check out www.adaptiveplanet.com/mobile/main.html

I want the text on the right side of the menu to appear over the
background image.

However the image should remain near the bottom of the screen (when
resizing)

That is why that image is done with a <div>

On firefox/mozilla this works just fine but on IE the iframe hides the
image

I already checked the regular way of doing it (see code) but to no avail

What is wrong with this.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

wim said:
Check out www.adaptiveplanet.com/mobile/main.html

I want the text on the right side of the menu to appear over the
background image. However the image should remain near the bottom
of the screen (when resizing) That is why that image is done with a
hides the image I already checked the regular way of doing it (see
code) but to no avail

What is wrong with this.

With Firefox, I see your background image in (through) the iframe. Is
that what you want? In my W2K/IE6 it is below the iframe. Not sure why.

But ... why would you want to put all that content in such a small
area that is hard to read, and scroll? Why not simply make it the
content of the page? Seems to me you could reduce about 50% of the
code on that page by using a simple two-column CSS layout, such as
this one of Ben's:
http://www.benmeadowcroft.com/webdev/csstemplates/left-column.html

You should do something about all the errors:
http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http://www.adaptiveplanet.com/mobile/main.html

For new pages, use Strict doctype instead of Transitional.

Oh, in either browser there is a horizontal scrollbar for no apparent
reason.

wim delvaux

With Firefox, I see your background image in (through) the iframe. Is
that what you want? In my W2K/IE6 it is below the iframe. Not sure why.

That is what I see too.
But ... why would you want to put all that content in such a small
area that is hard to read, and scroll? Why not simply make it the
content of the page? Seems to me you could reduce about 50% of the
code on that page by using a simple two-column CSS layout, such as
this one of Ben's:
http://www.benmeadowcroft.com/webdev/csstemplates/left-column.html

In theory that small area should resize itself to the current
height of your document. I firefox it should extend to the bottom
of the page. If you make the window smaller it should shrink

There is other stuff in the page (like setting background on
the menu on the left)

Just did. Did not know of this very useful page.

two tags still fail height for tables (which seems to work ???)
and ALLOWTRANSPARENCY as tag needed for IE according to some
pages I have found (but it does not work anyway)

The issue is HOW can i get my images on the bottom shining through the
iframe on IE.