    image

    I already checked the regular way of doing it (see code) but to no avail

    What is wrong with this.

    wim delvaux, Jul 15, 2005

  2. wim delvaux wrote:
    > Check out www.adaptiveplanet.com/mobile/main.html
    >
    > I want the text on the right side of the menu to appear over the
    > background image. However the image should remain near the bottom
    > of the screen (when resizing) That is why that image is done with a
    > hides the image I already checked the regular way of doing it (see
    > code) but to no avail
    >
    > What is wrong with this.

    With Firefox, I see your background image in (through) the iframe. Is
    that what you want? In my W2K/IE6 it is below the iframe. Not sure why.

    But ... why would you want to put all that content in such a small
    area that is hard to read, and scroll? Why not simply make it the
    content of the page? Seems to me you could reduce about 50% of the
    code on that page by using a simple two-column CSS layout, such as
    this one of Ben's:
    http://www.benmeadowcroft.com/webdev/csstemplates/left-column.html

    You should do something about all the errors:
    http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http://www.adaptiveplanet.com/mobile/main.html

    For new pages, use Strict doctype instead of Transitional.

    Oh, in either browser there is a horizontal scrollbar for no apparent
    reason.

    --
    -bts
    -This space intentionally left blank.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 15, 2005

  3. wim delvaux

    wim delvaux Guest

    > With Firefox, I see your background image in (through) the iframe. Is
    > that what you want? In my W2K/IE6 it is below the iframe. Not sure why.

    That is what I see too.

    > But ... why would you want to put all that content in such a small
    > area that is hard to read, and scroll? Why not simply make it the
    > content of the page? Seems to me you could reduce about 50% of the
    > code on that page by using a simple two-column CSS layout, such as
    > this one of Ben's:
    > http://www.benmeadowcroft.com/webdev/csstemplates/left-column.html

    In theory that small area should resize itself to the current
    height of your document. I firefox it should extend to the bottom
    of the page. If you make the window smaller it should shrink

    There is other stuff in the page (like setting background on
    the menu on the left)

    > You should do something about all the errors:
    > http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http://www.adaptiveplanet.com/mobile/main.html

    Just did. Did not know of this very useful page.

    two tags still fail height for tables (which seems to work ???)
    and ALLOWTRANSPARENCY as tag needed for IE according to some
    pages I have found (but it does not work anyway)

    The issue is HOW can i get my images on the bottom shining through the
    iframe on IE.

    wim delvaux, Jul 18, 2005