problems with UTF-8 encoded text in the database

Guest

Hi everyone

I've encountered a problem with the UTF-8 encoded strings retreived from database. I have a web page that retreives information from a database running a SELECT statement and puts the results returned in the dataset directly in a table on the page. But the information does not appear in the correct language, although the page is saved in UTF-8 and the browser is also set to use this encoding. Can anyone help? Thank you all

Homayoon

Patrice

I would start by cheking what is sotred in the database. If using SQL
Server, use a NVARCHAR Column. Also what excalty is the problem ? Do you
have a question mark instead of your character ?

Patrice

Homayoon said:
Hi everyone.

I've encountered a problem with the UTF-8 encoded strings retreived from
database. I have a web page that retreives information from a database
running a SELECT statement and puts the results returned in the dataset
directly in a table on the page. But the information does not appear in the
correct language, although the page is saved in UTF-8 and the browser is
also set to use this encoding. Can anyone help? Thank you all.

Guest

I am using MySQL, through a third party component. the column is VARCHAR(30). The data is stored correctly, becauseusing phpMyAdmin I get correct results. I don't get question marks. Just nonsense is displayed!