Problems with viewing inheriting Properties in VS.NET design time

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Dann Pool, Nov 11, 2003.

  1. Dann Pool

    Dann Pool Guest

    Hi,

    I've been having problems with the visibility of Properties that i
    have been adding with my code at design time.

    I have code which resembles the following:

    public abstract class AbstractBob : WebControl
    {
    private string text;

    [Browsable (true),
    Category ("Stuff")]
    public string Text
    {
    get { return this.text; }
    set { this.text = value; }
    }

    //Blah ...
    }

    public class Bob : AbstractBob
    {
    //Blah ...
    }

    Inheritance seems to work fine and all the properties are available
    within the code. However, the properties defined aren't appearing in
    the properties tab of VS.NET.

    I think that it might be to do with the fact that I originally derive
    from WebControl.

    Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance.
    Dann Pool, Nov 11, 2003