    greetings
    patrick merhi
    university of technology aachen, germany
    Patrick Merhi, Nov 17, 2003

  2. In article <bpaktp$13m$-Aachen.DE>,
    says...
    > dear dreamweavers,
    >
    > we use Dreamweaver MX 6.1 and have following "BIG" problem.
    >
    > I create a new file with dreamweaver and check it in into VSS.
    > Another user creates a file with the same name, same folder on his computer
    > an check it into VSS too.
    >
    > VSS or dreamweaver overrides my file with the file of the second user!!!
    > that means that in the VSS history of the file there are 2 versions!
    >
    > well all my work on the file is gone!!!
    > are we doing something wrong or is there a problem with dreamweaver and vss?
    > please tell me if you have the same problem... and if possible the way to
    > solve it

    It's unlikely to be a JavaScript issue. Common sense tells me that you
    should try a VSS group.

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/
    Hywel Jenkins, Nov 17, 2003

  3. Patrick Merhi

    Jim Ley Guest

    On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 18:02:21 -0000, Hywel Jenkins
    <> wrote:

    >It's unlikely to be a JavaScript issue. Common sense tells me that you
    >should try a VSS group.

    Then quickly chuck it away, and get a proper version control system
    that allows concurrent editing... cvs would be the obvious if possibly
    not best choice.

    Jim.
    Jim Ley, Nov 20, 2003