Problems with Visual Source Safe and Dreamweaver

Patrick Merhi

dear dreamweavers,

we use Dreamweaver MX 6.1 and have following "BIG" problem.

I create a new file with dreamweaver and check it in into VSS.
Another user creates a file with the same name, same folder on his computer
an check it into VSS too.

VSS or dreamweaver overrides my file with the file of the second user!!!
that means that in the VSS history of the file there are 2 versions!

well all my work on the file is gone!!!
are we doing something wrong or is there a problem with dreamweaver and vss?
please tell me if you have the same problem... and if possible the way to
solve it

greetings
patrick merhi
university of technology aachen, germany

Hywel Jenkins

dear dreamweavers,

we use Dreamweaver MX 6.1 and have following "BIG" problem.

I create a new file with dreamweaver and check it in into VSS.
Another user creates a file with the same name, same folder on his computer
an check it into VSS too.

VSS or dreamweaver overrides my file with the file of the second user!!!
that means that in the VSS history of the file there are 2 versions!

well all my work on the file is gone!!!
are we doing something wrong or is there a problem with dreamweaver and vss?
please tell me if you have the same problem... and if possible the way to
solve it

It's unlikely to be a JavaScript issue. Common sense tells me that you
should try a VSS group.

Jim Ley

It's unlikely to be a JavaScript issue. Common sense tells me that you
should try a VSS group.

Then quickly chuck it away, and get a proper version control system
that allows concurrent editing... cvs would be the obvious if possibly
not best choice.

Jim.