Problems with Windows 2003 Service Pack 1 and IsolatedStorage

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Simon Chester, Jun 22, 2005.

  1. Hello! Can anyone help me with this problem?...

    I have developed an ASP.NET (version 1.1) application which I have deployed
    to a number of webservers.

    The web application works fine on Windows 2000 Server computers. It also
    works OK on Windows 2003 Server UNTIL Windows 2003 Service Pack 1 is
    installed!

    The error and stack trace I am given is:

    [DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "*".]
    System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str) +287

    System.IO.IsolatedStorage.IsolatedStorageFile.GetFileDirectoryNames(String
    path, String msg, Boolean file) +373
    System.IO.IsolatedStorage.IsolatedStorageFile.GetRandomDirectory(String
    rootDir, Boolean& bMigrateNeeded, String& sOldStoreLocation) +55

    System.IO.IsolatedStorage.IsolatedStorageFile.InitGlobalsNonRoaming(IsolatedStorageScope scope) +112

    System.IO.IsolatedStorage.IsolatedStorageFile.GetRootDir(IsolatedStorageScope
    scope) +98

    System.IO.IsolatedStorage.IsolatedStorageFile.GetGlobalFileIOPerm(IsolatedStorageScope scope) +208
    System.IO.IsolatedStorage.IsolatedStorageFile.Init(IsolatedStorageScope
    scope) +37

    System.IO.IsolatedStorage.IsolatedStorageFile.GetStore(IsolatedStorageScope
    scope, Type domainEvidenceType, Type assemblyEvidenceType) +66
    System.IO.IsolatedStorage.IsolatedStorageFile.GetUserStoreForDomain() +12

    CMTC.Web.Configuration.WebAppConfigurator.WebAppConfigurator.LoadAppSettings()

    CMTC.Web.Configuration.WebAppConfigurator.WebAppConfigurator.GetValue(String
    key)
    CMTC.Kumquat.KumquatConfigurator.get_IsDataSourceFullyConfigured() +41
    CMTC.Kumquat.KumquatConfigurator.get_IsFullyConfigured() +12
    CMTC.Kumquat.Global.Application_BeginRequest(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    +562

    System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute() +60
    completedSynchronously) +87

    As you can see, this problem is been caused by an Isolated Storage function.
    I am confident that my code is correct (because it works fine on Windows 2000
    and before Windows 2003 SP1 is applied). Therefore, I suspect that the
    service pack changes some permissions on the computer that causes this
    problem. However, I have been unable to determine exactly what permissions it
    changes (machine.config and File System permissions for the Network Service
    user look OK).

    Has anyone else experienced anything similiar? What is it that Windows 2003
    Service Pack 1 changes that interrupts the way my app uses Isolated Storage?

    Any suggestions gratefully received!
    Simon Chester, Jun 22, 2005

  2. Simon Chester wrote:
    > Hello! Can anyone help me with this problem?...
    >
    > I have developed an ASP.NET (version 1.1) application

    HTH,
    Bob Barrows

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET