problems with XSLT and Tomcat Realms

Discussion in 'XML' started by Edu, Aug 12, 2003.

  1. Edu

    Edu Guest

    Hi all,

    I had working a servlet that transformed xml data into wml or html
    (depending on the client browser). Everything was OK, but today I tried to
    add authentication before using the servlet.

    I use authentication with tomcat realms and (from web.xml)
    <auth-method>FORM</auth-method>.

    Now, once authenticated, the servlet doesn't work ant throws:

    org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Character conversion error: "Malformed UTF-8
    char
    -- is an XML encoding declaration missing?" (line number may be too low).

    If I deactivate authentication, things return to work fine.

    How can I solve the problem?

    Thank you in advance

    Edu
    Edu, Aug 12, 2003