Probstat Combination Objects and Persistence

Discussion in 'Python' started by dohertywa, Sep 16, 2007.

  1. dohertywa

    dohertywa Guest

    Hi:

    I'm working with probstat module which does an excellent job for the
    project I'm working on.

    I am passing the Combination objects I generate to generator functions
    that allow me to scale down the results.

    I am trying to find a way however to store the end resultant
    Combination object. Try to pickle it, and Python segfaults.

    I want to be able to store the Combination object at any point so I
    may operate on it later without having to repeat previous work.

    Any suggestions?

    TVKIA,
    Adam
    dohertywa, Sep 16, 2007

  2. dohertywa

    Sidd Guest

    On Sep 16, 8:01 am, dohertywa <> wrote:
    > Hi:
    >
    > I'm working with probstat module which does an excellent job for the
    > project I'm working on.
    >
    > I am passing the Combination objects I generate to generator functions
    > that allow me to scale down the results.
    >
    > I am trying to find a way however to store the end resultant
    > Combination object. Try to pickle it, and Python segfaults.
    >
    > I want to be able to store the Combination object at any point so I
    > may operate on it later without having to repeat previous work.
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > TVKIA,
    > Adam

    You might want to take a look at this tutorial:http://www.ibm.com/
    developerworks/library/l-pypers.html
    Sidd, Sep 16, 2007

  3. dohertywa

    dohertywa Guest

    On Sep 16, 3:11 pm, Sidd <> wrote:
    > On Sep 16, 8:01 am, dohertywa <> wrote:
    >

    > > Hi:

    > > I'm working with probstat module which does an excellent job for the
    > > project I'm working on.

    > > I am passing the Combination objects I generate to generator functions
    > > that allow me to scale down the results.

    > > I am trying to find a way however to store the end resultant
    > > Combination object. Try to pickle it, and Python segfaults.

    > > I want to be able to store the Combination object at any point so I
    > > may operate on it later without having to repeat previous work.

    > > Any suggestions?

    > > TVKIA,
    > > Adam

    > You might want to take a look at this tutorial:http://www.ibm.com/
    > developerworks/library/l-pypers.html

    Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately I've already read the
    article and still find myself a bit of a loss as to a solution.
    dohertywa, Sep 17, 2007