    name ::= simple_name |

    indexed_name ::= prefix ( expression { , expression } )

    How do you handle (1) in PROC1(1): as association list or as expression?
    root, Jul 11, 2012

  2. root

    KJ Guest

    On Wednesday, July 11, 2012 5:49:30 PM UTC-4, root wrote:
    > Consider the specification,
    >
    > procedure_call ::= procedure_name [ ( parameter_association_list ) ]
    >
    > association_list ::= association_element { , association_element }
    >
    > name ::= simple_name |
    >
    > indexed_name ::= prefix ( expression { , expression } )
    >
    > How do you handle (1) in PROC1(1): as association list or as expression?

    Assuming PROC1 is declared to be a procedure, then the expression 1 is used as the first association element in that procedure.

    Kevin Jennings
    KJ, Jul 12, 2012

  3. root

    valtih1978 Guest

    Do you mean that they merge somehow? I have never heard about such
    parsing technique. Normally, parser takes either name production or
    association list route. It cannot end up in both expression (which is
    name extension) and association element that follows it, at the same
    time. Otherwise, everything is ok.
    valtih1978, Jul 12, 2012