'Procedure or function <stored procedure name> has too many arguments specified',,,ARGH!

Mike P

I am using a SqlDataSource with a GridView and stored proc, and I have
specified exactly the same update parameters for the SqlDataSource in
exactly the same order as my stored proc. Yet I keep getting the error
'Procedure or function <stored procedure name> has too many arguments
specified'. Has anybody else come across this, and if so how do you
prevent this annoying error?