procedure required

M.B.K.N.Sarma

Hello all,

I designed a Baseline JPEG decoder and simulated it. Now I have to
submit my report to the institute and I want to put the waveform in
the report. The report is in typed in MSWord. I am using a ModelSim
5.6 simulator to simulate my design. Anybody please tell me how to
copy the output waveform given by the simulator into Word document.

This is very very urgent.

Thank you,
sarma

Stefan Frank

I designed a Baseline JPEG decoder and simulated it. Now I have to
submit my report to the institute and I want to put the waveform in
the report. The report is in typed in MSWord. I am using a ModelSim
5.6 simulator to simulate my design. Anybody please tell me how to
copy the output waveform given by the simulator into Word document.

Hello Sarma,

the wave viewer from ModelSim has an option that allows you to print
your waveforms to a postscript file. I tried it with ModelSim SE 5.7g
(Linux). After that, convert it to the image format that MSWord can
display (JPEG, PNG, ...). I use gimp (under Linux) for conversion. Under
Windows, Photoshop or PaintShopPro should do the conversion, too - never
tried that, though.

Choose the following menu item from your ModelSim Waveform viewer:

File -> Print Postscript...

HTH & HAND,
Stefan

Tim Hubberstey

Stefan said:
Hello Sarma,

the wave viewer from ModelSim has an option that allows you to print
your waveforms to a postscript file. I tried it with ModelSim SE 5.7g
(Linux). After that, convert it to the image format that MSWord can
display (JPEG, PNG, ...). I use gimp (under Linux) for conversion. Under
Windows, Photoshop or PaintShopPro should do the conversion, too - never
tried that, though.

Choose the following menu item from your ModelSim Waveform viewer:

File -> Print Postscript...

Depending on your OS, you may also be able to do a screen-capture
(Ctrl-Alt-PrintScreen) and paste it directly into Word using "Paste
Special". Or you can paste into a graphics program like Paint so that
you can edit it first. I know this works on Windows 2000 and NT but I'm
not sure about other Windows versions.

Ralf Hildebrandt

Stefan Frank wrote:

the wave viewer from ModelSim has an option that allows you to print
your waveforms to a postscript file. I tried it with ModelSim SE 5.7g
(Linux). After that, convert it to the image format that MSWord can
display (JPEG, PNG, ...). I use gimp (under Linux) for conversion.

A very quick & dirty way to convert it, is to take a screenshot.

Ralf

Sajan

I dont know about other versions of modelsim.
I am using 5.7c. There in the File menu of the wave window
you will see a "Save Image" button. Using this you can save the
wave to ".bmp" format.