    only render only that Div part instead of the entire JSP page.

    Regards,

    Doug
    Doug, Mar 23, 2007

  2. Doug

    ck Guest

    On Mar 23, 11:36 pm, "Doug" <> wrote:
    > Hello,
    > Have a JSP page consisting of several DIVs. I want to refresh dynamic
    > data for a particular Div by making a asynchronous. So apprarently, I
    > would need to send that DIV part to the backend to process that potion
    > of JSP DIV.
    > My question is what is the procedure/steps I need to do to make tomcat
    > only render only that Div part instead of the entire JSP page.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Doug

    what you talking about would/can be dealt through AJAX.

    --
    Ck
    http://www.gfour.net
    ck, Mar 23, 2007

  3. Doug

    Guest

    On Mar 23, 2:50 pm, "ck" <> wrote:
    > On Mar 23, 11:36 pm, "Doug" <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hello,
    > > Have a JSP page consisting of several DIVs. I want to refresh dynamic
    > > data for a particular Div by making a asynchronous. So apprarently, I
    > > would need to send that DIV part to the backend to process that potion
    > > of JSP DIV.
    > > My question is what is the procedure/steps I need to do to make tomcat
    > > only render only that Div part instead of the entire JSP page.

    > > Regards,

    > > Doug

    > what you talking about would/can be dealt through AJAX.
    >
    > --
    > Ckhttp://www.gfour.net

    Frames, what's wrong with good old fashioned frames and what's with
    the obsession with AJAX. 99.999% of what I've seen people use AJAX
    for could be more easily be implemented using frames.

    Just my two cents worth.
    , Mar 23, 2007
  4. Doug

    Oliver Wong Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Mar 23, 2:50 pm, "ck" <> wrote:
    >> On Mar 23, 11:36 pm, "Doug" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> > Hello,
    >> > Have a JSP page consisting of several DIVs. I want to refresh dynamic
    >> > data for a particular Div by making a asynchronous. So apprarently, I
    >> > would need to send that DIV part to the backend to process that
    >> > potion
    >> > of JSP DIV.
    >> > My question is what is the procedure/steps I need to do to make
    >> > tomcat
    >> > only render only that Div part instead of the entire JSP page.

    >> > Regards,

    >> > Doug

    >> what you talking about would/can be dealt through AJAX.
    >>

    > Frames, what's wrong with good old fashioned frames and what's with
    > the obsession with AJAX. 99.999% of what I've seen people use AJAX
    > for could be more easily be implemented using frames.

    Really? For me, maybe 1% of what I've seen people use AJAX for could
    be more easily be implemented using frames (and that's being generous)...
    Frames are great for what they're designed for (breaking up the viewing
    window into smaller viewing area, each one capable of displaying its own
    HTML document), and AJAX is great for what its designed for (updating the
    DOM without a page refresh). There's very little overlap between these two
    usages.

    Perhaps you're thinking of those JavaScript snippets to have a
    navigation pane "stay onscreen" even when the user scrolls the main
    viewing area up and down? I don't consider that to be a form of AJAX,
    since there's no asynchronous query being made to the host server, and
    there's no XML involved.

    - Oliver
    Oliver Wong, Mar 23, 2007