process.py problems

Discussion in 'Python' started by Justin Johnson, Jul 8, 2003.

  1. Hello,

    I was wondering if anyone has seen this behavior before for the
    process.py
    module available at http://starship.python.net/crew/tmick/. I've been
    using it quite well on windows 2000 servers, but when I try to use it on
    a window nt 4.0 box I get the results posted below. I have both
    process.py and which.py installed.

    Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

    >>> import process
    >>> p = process.ProcessOpen("dir")

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
    File "process.py", line 1108, in __init__
    self._startOnWindows()
    File "process.py", line 1279, in _startOnWindows
    cmd = _fixupCommand(cmd, self._env)
    File "process.py", line 506, in _fixupCommand
    cmd = _whichFirstArg(cmd, env)
    File "process.py", line 315, in _whichFirstArg
    candidates = list(which.which(first))
    File "which.py", line 251, in which
    raise WhichError("Could not find '%s' on the path." % command)
    which.WhichError: Could not find 'dir' on the path.
    >>> p = process.ProcessOpen("dir.exe")

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
    File "process.py", line 1108, in __init__
    self._startOnWindows()
    File "process.py", line 1279, in _startOnWindows
    cmd = _fixupCommand(cmd, self._env)
    File "process.py", line 506, in _fixupCommand
    cmd = _whichFirstArg(cmd, env)
    File "process.py", line 315, in _whichFirstArg
    candidates = list(which.which(first))
    File "which.py", line 251, in which
    raise WhichError("Could not find '%s' on the path." % command)
    which.WhichError: Could not find 'dir.exe' on the path.
    >>> p = process.ProcessOpen("cmd")

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
    File "process.py", line 1108, in __init__
    self._startOnWindows()
    File "process.py", line 1295, in _startOnWindows
    raise ProcessError(msg=ex.args[2], errno=ex.args[0])
    process.ProcessError: The system cannot find the file specified.

    Justin Johnson, Jul 8, 2003