Process spawning in win32

Discussion in 'Python' started by Uri Nix, Aug 22, 2004.

  1. Uri Nix

    Uri Nix Guest

    Hello,

    I'm using Python to automate some test suites for an external
    simulator. Up to now I've been using the os.spawnl() successfully.
    Recently, I've changed simulator versions and encountered the
    following problem:
    using os.spawnl() from within the IDLE activates the simulator just
    fine; using the _same_ code from a script (either from IDLE or command
    line) doesn't.
    It looks like the simulator isn't being activated from its working
    directory.

    I've tried using Mark Hammond's win32process to verify I'm passing the
    correct environment and working directory, but get the same results.

    Why should spawnl() work differently from within IDLE or otherwise?

    (Using Python 2.3.4 on WindowsXP)

    Cheers,
    Uri

    Uri Nix, Aug 22, 2004