    Windows application it works fine?

    Any hints? User rights for the IIS-User?

    TIA

    Tom, Oct 12, 2005

  2. Tom

    Peter Kelcey Guest

    Tom

    I've used Process.Start in some of my web services and it worked fine,
    so without knowing exactly what's going wrong for you, my first guess
    would be that you are running your aspect worker process under the
    default ASPNET user account. This is a very low privilege account and
    it likely doesn't have access to run Acrobat. I would suggest changing
    your system configuration (in the machine.config file) so that you are
    running under the SYSTEM account and then give it another try.

    As a matter of best practices though, I should mention that running as
    SYSTEM does expose your system to a greater potential security risk
    than running as ASPNET.

    Peter Kelcey

    Peter Kelcey, Oct 14, 2005