Processing huge files

John Redmond

From time to time, there have been posts asking about options for
transforming really huge xml files. I might just have a solution for
this in my new app (Lexxia for Linux and Windows). Providing the files
have a regular repeat structure, Lexxia provides an option for STEPPING
through the source DOM as it is being constructed. Each of the regular
subtrees is transformed and then removed from the DOM. At the same time,
the transformer streams the result to a file, so that there is no
accumulation of a result document.

Lexxia does some other potentially useful things with xml source, so it
might be worth giving a try, because it is released under the Gnu GPL
and the price is right. Check out http://www.limpidsoft.com.