Processing Master/Detail Using Datagrid in Web Form

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Bruce LeMond, Sep 25, 2003.

  1. Bruce LeMond

    Bruce LeMond Guest

    I'm working on a web form and I have a list box of rooms
    in the building and a datagrid containing the items within
    the rooms. I'm wanting to program it so the datagrid will
    display only those items within whatever room is selected
    from the list box. In window forms, I could get this to
    work ok by putting in the datagrid member name property
    the relationship name HousekeepingRoomsHousekeepingItems,
    but when I do this in the web form and start the browse,
    it will give me an error page. You will find the info
    from the error page below. I have the
    HousekeepingRoomsHousekeepingItems defined as the
    relationship name in DSHousekeeping.xsd. What will I need
    to do to get this to work in web form?

    Thanks in advance for your help.

    execution of the current web request. Please review the
    stack trace for more information about the error and where
    it originated in the code.

    Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: The
    IListSource does not contain a data source
    named 'housekeepingRoomsHousekeepingItems'.

    Source Error:

    Line 266: If Not IsPostBack Then
    Line 267: RoomListBox.DataBind()
    Line 268: DataGrid1.DataBind()
    Line 269: End If
    Line 270:

    Source File: F:\housekeeping\Housekeeping.aspx.vb Line:
    268

    Stack Trace:

    [HttpException (0x80004005): The IListSource does not
    contain a data source
    named 'housekeepingRoomsHousekeepingItems'.]
    System.Web.UI.DataSourceHelper.GetResolvedDataSource
    (Object dataSource, String dataMember) +325

    System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGrid.CreateControlHierarchy
    (Boolean useDataSource) +472
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataList.OnDataBinding
    (EventArgs e) +48
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataList.DataBind() +23
    housekeeping.WebForm1.Page_Load(Object sender,
    EventArgs e) in F:\housekeeping\Housekeeping.aspx.vb:268

    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework
    Version:1.0.3705.288; ASP.NET Version:1.0.3705.288
    Bruce LeMond, Sep 25, 2003