Processing Postback Data

Nathan Sokalski

I want to access the values submitted by a custom control I wrote (using
VB.NET). My control creates an HTML Table and Input type="hidden" tags. All
I want to do is assign the value submitted from the Input tag to a property
of my custom control. I know that this involves implementing the
IPostBackDataHandler interface, but I cannot seem to get it to work. If
anyone could help me figure this out, or direct me to a site with some good
examples, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Mark Rae

1) Please don't crosspost.
If anyone could help me figure this out

2) There's little point in posting here that you have a code problem unless
you actually show us your code...

Guest

Nathan,
If you use an ASP.Net HiddenField you could just handle the OnValueChanged
event of the control to set the property on your user control. I don;t think
that you'll have to worry about implementing the IPostBackDataHandler
interface.

Garth.

sam

You seem to know what you are doing, but the only reason its not
working is becuase the UniqueID of your composite control must match
the name attribute of the hidden field (in the client html) for that
method to be fired. So your hidden field can catch the event (and
should be getting its submitted value filled in), but your composite
control can't. So the suggestion above will probably work.

If you need more help let me know.