    http://www.lockboxdoorprotector.com

    Thanks
    Larry
    Larry Webb, Feb 13, 2006

  2. Larry Webb

    saz Guest

    In article <SO8If.4687$z%>,
    says...
    > I'm not as concerned about the overall design (although I believe it
    > validates) as much as how the product is presented. I've been selling
    > this item for years and recently decided to start marketing it more
    > seriously - web site, magazine ads, etc..
    >
    > Any ideas on how to better use the web site to sell this thing would be
    > greatly appreciated.
    >
    > http://www.lockboxdoorprotector.com
    >
    > Thanks
    > Larry

    I like this site. Nice, clean, easy to navigate and the online ordering
    process is hassle-free. You are also #1 on Google. Nice job.

    I would work on getting the word out through the use of conventional
    marketing techniques - direct mail, trade journals, etc. and emphasize
    the ordering online aspect.
    saz, Feb 14, 2006

  3. Larry Webb

    Jose Guest

    > History Of The Lockbox Door Protector : U.S. Patent No. 4,897,945
    >
    > The Lockbox Door Protector was conceived May 28,1987 when I met the buyers of a spec house I built for their final walk through before closing. That morning the real estate agent removed her company's lockbox. When I pulled in the driveway I saw Mrs. Lincoln (the buyers wife) pointing at the front door and shaking her head, not a site I wanted to see.

    I cite the site, but you should say "Not a sight I wanted to see."

    Jose
    Jose, Feb 14, 2006
  4. Larry Webb

    Chaddy2222 Guest

    Larry Webb wrote:
    > I'm not as concerned about the overall design (although I believe it
    > validates) as much as how the product is presented. I've been selling
    > this item for years and recently decided to start marketing it more
    > seriously - web site, magazine ads, etc..
    >
    > Any ideas on how to better use the web site to sell this thing would be
    > greatly appreciated.
    >
    > http://www.lockboxdoorprotector.com

    Well, the site looks very good, it does validate and is very easy to
    use.
    I would maybe suggest though that you specify your font sizes in % as
    if you use PX to set font sizes, they can't be resized in IE, (without
    having to do a few extra things in the browser options.)
    I think you could maybe look at running some print ads promoting the
    fact that you can order online.
    I hope this helps.
    Chaddy2222, Feb 14, 2006