Profile and Data. Please, Need Urgent Help/Advice. Thank You Very Much.

Miguel Dias Moura

Hello,

I am working on an Asp.Net 2.0 / SQL 2005 web site.
I am using profile to save the users info on the database.

For example, I have the following structure:
Public Structure Name
Public First As String
Public Last As String
End Structure

Then in my Web.config file I have:
<properties>
<add name="Name" type="MyWebSite.Name" />

This is working fine for saving personal information for each user where
a user has only one Name.

However each user can also publish documents. Various documents.
Public Structure Document
Public Title As String
Public FileUrl As String
Public Date As DateTime
End Structure

I see 2 options:
1. Traditional
Create the documents database with a foreign key to users table.
Should I connect my foreign key to [UserId] in aspnet_Membership
table?

2. Using Profile
Can I use profile to save and retrieve the documents published by
each user?

Basically, what I need is to:
1. Insert, Edit and Retrieve documents records on my database.
2. Each document as a author.
I might need to retrieve the documents from only one author, from
all authors or any other criteria using an SQL Query or Procedure.

Anyway, I am completly confused about profile in Asp.Net 2.0.
I know I can use it to save user information.
But can I use it to save, for example, multiple records regarding one
subject like published documents.

I have been trying to figure this but I really need some help.

Could someone please help me out?
Any advice, simple code example or link would be great.

Thank You Very Much,
Miguel