    The default output is already useful but has anyone tried to produce
    output readable by kcachegrind (http://kcachegrind.sourceforge.net/) ?

    seb

    Sebastien de Menten, Jul 22, 2003

  2. There is documentation on the output of valgrind (i.e. the input of
    kcachegrind) at section "output" in
    http://developer.kde.org/~sewardj/docs-1.9.5/cg_techdocs.html

    For optimal use of kcachegrind, one needs also the "calltree skin" for
    valgrind that outputs an augmented file for kcachegrind. But I did not
    find any doc on this augmented format...

    I think that even without the calltree plugin, kcachegrind could be
    used advantageously for profiling python code.

    Seb

    Sebastien de Menten, Jul 23, 2003