    to append to HttpContext object for each request , it means there is
    a db access for each request? if so, does it cause performance issue?

    Thanks
    RedHair, Feb 13, 2006

  2. RedHair

    Scott Allen Guest

    There provider hits the database only if the page uses a profile
    property (a lazy load pattern). I wrote a bit about the topic here:
    http://odetocode.com/Blogs/scott/archive/2005/12/28/2661.aspx.

    For most sites, the database hit isn't going to be an issue.

    --
    Scott
    http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/

    Scott Allen, Feb 13, 2006

  3. RedHair

    RedHair Guest

    Thank you, Scott.
    Is it possible to read profile properties once from db per-user base then
    store them into cookie to avoid db hit for future page requests?

    "Scott Allen" <>

    RedHair, Feb 13, 2006
  4. RedHair

    Scott Allen Guest