Profile Save not working

Nick

Hi there,

I have a web site, with a web service in folder within the website.
Everything works as I would expect it to. I have just added some
functionality to the web service that accesses a user profile and then
updates one of the settings then saves the profile. No exceptions occur
during this process and as far as I can see it all completes as expected.
Unfortunately the setting remains at its previous value.

I'm use an almost identical piece of code within the website itself which
does update the value. At the time the update is made the user is already
logged into the system but the web service is invoked externally via a
client based application. Any ideas why the profile won't update?

Many thanks in advance for your time and advice.

Nick.

Nick

Aaaahhh on further investigation, it does save the value. It just doesn't
update unless I reset IIS for some reason...

Nick

Okay doh! The problem was caused by caching of the profile to save time from
repeat reloading.