Profile - what is wrong ?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by goldie11, Mar 14, 2007.

  1. goldie11

    goldie11 Guest

    Hi,

    I would like to use the profile - so I added the following code to the
    web.config file:

    <profile automaticSaveEnabled="true">
    <properties>
    <add name="ReplyAddress"/>
    <add name="ReplyName"/>
    <add name="ccName"/>
    </properties>
    </profile>

    I expected that in the aspx page - when I type Profile. - I will have
    all the properties of the profile (with the intellisense options).
    For some reason - Profile. - isn't valid.
    What am I missing ??

    Thanks.
    Ruthie.

    goldie11, Mar 14, 2007

  2. goldie11

    ruthie Guest

    It seems that the Profile property doesn't work with web application
    project - its seems there is a 3rd party tool - webprofilegenerator.

    Ruthie.

    ruthie, Mar 15, 2007