ProfileCommon in an assembly

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by muriwai, May 22, 2007.

  1. muriwai

    muriwai Guest

    Hi, I have a website which used the following web.config:

    ------
    <profile defaultProvider="SqlProfileProvider">
    <add name="SqlProfileProvider" type="System.Web.Profile.SqlProfileProvider"
    ..../>
    <properties>
    <clear/>
    <add name="ProfileInfo" type="My.Profiles.ProfileInfo"/>
    ------

    I then used the dynamically generated ProfileCommon class that had the
    ProfileInfo property.

    Now I am refactoring the website and I want ProfileCommon to be accessible
    in an assembly which is referenced by the website. The problem is that
    ProfileCommon is not known to the assembly because the latter knows nothing
    about web.config.

    What's the correct way to define custom profile properties in an assembly
    for them to be also accessible via ProfileCommon?

    Thanks
    muriwai, May 22, 2007

  2. muriwai

    muriwai Guest

    Never mind, it seems I need to use "inherits".

    muriwai, May 22, 2007