Profiles

Guest

Hi,

My question is about the new ProfileProvider class in ASP.NET 2.0
and what its limits are.

Can you have multiple Providers with unique properties to each be defined
in the web config file and also group them as such.

example as follows

<profile defaultProvider="MyProfile_ProfileProvider">
<providers>

<add name="MyProfile_ProfileProvider"
connectionStringName="LocalSqlServer"
applicationName="/"
type="System.Web.Profile.SqlProfileProvider, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>

<add name="MyProfile1_ProfileProvider"
connectionStringName="LocalSqlServer"
applicationName="/"
type="System.Web.Profile.SqlProfileProvider, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>

<add name="MyProfile2_ProfileProvider"
connectionStringName="LocalSqlServer"
applicationName="/"
type="System.Web.Profile.SqlProfileProvider, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>

</providers>
<properties>

<group name="Users">
<add name="FirstName"
provider="MyProfile_ProfileProvider"/>
<add name="LastName"
provider="MyProfile_ProfileProvider"/>
<add name="Accounts"
provider="MyProfile_ProfileProvider"
type="System.Collections.ArrayList"/>
</group>

<group name="Customers">
<add name="CustomerName"
provider="MyProfile1_ProfileProvider"
allowAnonymous="true" />
<add name="AccountNumber"
provider="MyProfile1_ProfileProvider"/>
<add name="Contact"
provider="MyProfile1_ProfileProvider"/>
</group>

<group name="ServiceProviders">
<add name="ServiceProviderName"
provider="MyProfile2_ProfileProvider"/>
<add name="AccountNumber"
provider="MyProfile2_ProfileProvider"/>
<add name="Contact"
provider="MyProfile2_ProfileProvider"/>
</group>

</properties>
</profile>

dnught

I have asked the same question in the asp.net forums, but have recieved
no reply. My intent is to use double providers for the sake of
creating a routie to migrate from one provider store to the other!

UNfortunatley due to time constraints, it was necessary to go live
prior to adopting the new provider. Now that it's in place we need a
way to tranfer the existing valid live data from the serializable
tables to our new "In The Clear" SQLTableProfileProvider.

Anyone?