Profiling API or Membership API

John123

Hi all,

We have our own user database (built on top of MS Commerce Server)
which I am trying to rewrite. This time we would like to make use of
the new features of Microsoft .Net Framework, like the profiling and
membership providers.

We've built authentication and authorisation webservices for other
websites to use. We want to rewrite these webservices for this new
framework with help of the before mentioned features.

My question is as follows:

Do I keep track of my userprofiles (with custom properties) with
Membership or do I use the profiling API.
What are the benefits or disadvantages of either of them?

Thanks for your help,
John.