Profiling asp.net

Damon Allison

Hello,

We recently released asp.net code into our production environment and are
having difficulties finding a bottleneck. We are examining performance
monitors and for all intents and purposes it appears the site is processing
smoothly, however we obviously have faulty code in there somewhere.

I'm wondering if it is possible to attach a code profiler to the asp.net
process (aspnet_wp.exe). I would like to view "normal" profiler information
such as number of each function executions, the parent who executed the
function, average execution time per function (with children). Something
like Compuware's DevPartner Profiler. In the ideal case, we would attach
the profiler to the process, collect for a while, disconnect the profiler
and view the results.

All replies appreciated.

Thank you,

Damon Allison